Question: What improvements did you make to net profit, and were those improvements a record for the company?
Answer: Delivered a 7% increase to net profits, a record high for the company.
Question: Were you faced with stagnant/declining revenues?
Answer: Recruited as change agent to retool organization and reverse downward revenue spiral; within 12 months, delivered profits representing a 19% improvement.
Question: Did you correct excessive inventory levels?
Answer: Rectified half-million-dollar losses resulting from inventory mismanagement.
Question: What was the biggest cost-saving device you implemented?
Answer: Slashed key expense item by 62% through improved purchasing and inventory controls.
Question: What kind of measurement tracked customer service levels? Did it improve?
Answer: Earned 99% CSI ratings, the highest in the district and a first for the branch.
Question: Did you improve morale or productivity, or did you reduce turnover in your workforce?
Answer: Reduced turnover from 55% to less than 7% and transitioned unskilled labor force into a culturally diverse staff trained in current technology.
Question: Were there problems with the integrity or accuracy of financial data?
Answer: Recruited CFO from Big 6 firm to establish accounting processes and internal controls; collaborated on 5-year financial strategic plan and implementation of world-class accounting system.
Question: Did you correct excessive costs?
Answer: Brought aberrant operating expenses in line with national average, signifi-cantly reducing annual costs by more than $6 million.
Question: Were you recruited to resolve a major problem?
Answer: Reorganized existing business to eliminate company’s multimillion-dollar debt within first year.
Question: Did you expand with import or export operations?
Answer: Envisioned and brought to fruition a foreign import operation that generated a 40% return.
Question: Were there challenging labor issues?
Answer 1: Led management effort to decertify union, prevent property damage, and protect 800 nonunion workers.
Answer 2: Rectified long-standing history of management-labor tensions; offered concessions on behalf of company that influenced morale and, ultimately, a 17% increase in plant productivity (without sacrifice to company earnings).
Question: Did you direct any facility expansions or new construction projects?
Answer: Proposed, designed, and supervised construction of 180,000-sq.ft. processing and cold-storage facility; $7 million facility captured ROI in less than five years and remains state-of-the-art some 10 years later.
Information Technology Related Jobs
These IT interview questions can be used in other related careers. Check these 40 jobs related to Computer and Information Systems Management position:
- communication systems design manager
- systems development manager
- computer and related services manager
- data processing manager
- computer applications manager
- IT (information technology) development manager
- computer department co-ordinator
- director, information systems operations
- information systems manager
- data processing planning manager
- computer development division head
- software development manager
- computer manager
- computer networks manager
- computer programs manager
- MIS (management information system) manager
- computer projects manager
- computer software design manager
- computer system operations manager
- IT (information technology) integration manager
- computer systems development manager
- systems operations manager – computer systems
- computer systems manager
- data centre manager
- data processing and systems analysis manager
- data processing director
- director, data processing
- director, information systems development
- director of technology management
- director, software engineering
- EDP (electronic data processing) manager
- electronic data processing (EDP) manager
- information technology (IT) development manager
- computer facility manager
- computerized information systems manager
- computerized technical information manager
- information technology (IT) integration manager
- Internet systems administrator
- management information system (MIS) manager
- computer development division manager